Happy Easter my foodies! Excited aren’t we?? Oh the egg decorations and the traditional customs ❤ Easter for me spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life since this festival depicts the resurrection of Jesus Christ. So here i have a giant egg cookie recipe, a chunky egg salad recipe along with some useful tips at the end 😉
Giant Easter Egg Cookie
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 25 min
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- One 16.5-ounce tube ready-made sugar cookie dough, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons pasteurized egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups assorted
- Easter candy, such as jelly beans and mini eggs, etc.
- Sprinkles, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the cookie dough with the flour until it is an even texture. Turn the dough out onto the prepared baking sheet and form it into the shape of an egg about 1/2-inch thick, 9 inches long and 7 inches wide at its widest point. Bake until golden around the edges, about 25 minutes. Remove the cookie from the oven to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg whites and sugar with an electric mixer until combined. Add the lemon juice and continue to beat until thick and glossy, about 5 minutes.
- Fill a pastry bag or plastic baggie with the icing, snip off a small corner and pipe decorations on the cookie. Attach the candies in patterns to make a decorative Easter egg.
How to Make Chunky Egg Salad
Make a brunch-friendly egg salad with these step-by-step directions.
Start with Onions
In a small bowl, soak chopped onions (about 1/2 medium red onion) in cold water, for 15 minutes. Drain.
Meanwhile, place 12 large eggs in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid; cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Cover the eggs, remove from the heat, and set aside for 8 minutes.
Cut the Eggs
Drain the water from the pan and cool the eggs in the pan under cold running water. Peel the eggs and cut into sixths.
In a large bowl, mix together the chopped onion, chopped celery (1 stock, with leaves), 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard, 1 tablespoon freshly squeeze lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons kosher salt. Add the eggs to the mayonnaise mixture and gently mix them together. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste (makes about 4 cups—eight 1/2-cup servings)
How to Serve It
Pile egg salad on a sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and country-style sourdough bread or in a salad over greens.
TIP OF THE DAY
Spice up your Easter bash with speckled eggs and an egg roll
Create your own speckled eggs using food coloring and washable acrylic paint. Fill a glass with water and 2-3 drops of food coloring, then submerge each egg for five minutes to create a base color. Next, use an old toothbrush to speckle each egg with dark gray acrylic paint.
Use the original egg carton to let the eggs air-dry after speckling. Then set out of reach until it’s time to do the traditional Easter egg roll!
A Fun Activity
Create a spoon-decorating station for party guests with wooden spoons and spools of various patterned ribbon in your colors of purple, blue and green. The spoons will later be used in the traditional Easter egg lawn game.
The Finished Product
Inspired by the ancient springtime “Maypole” activity, there are endless ways to adorn each one, and guests will be proud to flaunt their creativity.
Roll with It
The hand-decorated spoons and eggs can then be used to compete in an official Easter egg roll! In this classic lawn game, participants race to roll an egg from one side of the lawn to the other without breaking the egg. May the best roller win!
Enjoy your Easter and do comment back with your experience ! ❤